Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thunder-Snowing???



I swear Texas never ceases to surprise me. Last night we had a thunderstorm with fabulous lightening and the long rolling booms of thunder aaaaaand snow. SNOW! I've seen a lot of snow in my time (Canadian. Not so much here in Texas) but I've never seen a thunder-snow-storm. Especially not on a day that starts out literally 70*F (that's about 21*C for Hedgie and all the miscellaneous Canadian folk).

So cheers to Amy's first thunder-snow-storm. Now I just hope I covered my garden in time - seriously I've got a good crop of lettuce and some baby beets and baby chard that I'd hate to lose.

4 comments:

Lucky said...

Thunder Snow reminds me of Thunder Cats. And then when I stop to think about it the word thunder in front of anything makes it sound cool. Thunder Book, Thunder Bed, Thunder Plate ... I could do that all day apparently!

Amy said...

Thunder thunder THUNDERCATS!

Maree Clarkson said...

Just cannot equate Texas with snow! For us South Africans Texas conjures up images of heat, cowboys and hot, rolling, open spaces. Thanks for the 21º translation girlstruction, my favourite temperature - our summers usually consist of 31º, which has me running for all the air conditioned rooms! Thunder storms and lighting is the norm here in Tarlton during our summers - we're situated on a Pelindaba rock plate and the lightning can be spectacular - but all computers, phones and gadgets have to be unplugged for obvious reasons!

Amy said...

Ha!
Texans can't equate Texas with snow either - you should see what happens to the traffic! If it weren't so frustrating it would be completely hilarious. Perhaps I'll have to come visit for some storm-watching!