Sunday, January 25, 2009

Best Offer I've Had All Year!


So - with my actual work, you know, the kind where I make money, I've had a ridiculously short-deadlined writing project that is amounting to about 20 pages, theoretically comprehensible, per week. Hence the house has been moved to "back-burner" status and I'm getting in about one good work day per week.

Essentially this means I'm going to be camping out in a partially finished house for quite some time. I'll learn to love plastic sheeting and construction dust. I will - I'm sure. Mom and dad were kind enough to come in on my designated house day this week and help with the ridiculously tedious, boring, uninspiring work of patching and painting the closets in the master bath. Wheeee! I know, I know. It is hard not to envy us right now, no? The worst part is I don't even have anything funny to say about it, it really is as dull as it sounds.

In better news, I received the most compelling offer I think I've ever had, and if not ever, then certainly it's the best offer of 2009. Some local lawn company papered my house with totally reasonable lawn-mowing rates, and an intriguing add-on service as pictured above. Bold as brass, right out there in the open. Isn't it wonderful to live in such a progressive society that lonely female homeowners can have such a valuable service, delivered with discretion to their home, for a small weekly fee? Not only that, they take all major credit cards. It's like Manna from heaven. :)

No comments: