Sunday, October 19, 2008

Closing? Not Closing?

Hmmm. So given my closing date was supposed to be Friday, I can guess that the assumption would be that I'm knee-deep in spackle and thus unable to blog about the house. Sadly, this is not the case. In fact I'm knee-deep in nothing. Wandering aimlessly, picking things up and putting them down again. We didn't close. I didn't close. Sigh.

I've been told by my mortgage guy (Rasty - he's a hoot!) that it will be Monday or Tuesday. Tuesday? Really? So not only do I miss the weekend I miss Monday as well? I don't fully understand what the problem is but Rasty gets on the phone with me, talks for 20 minutes, and somehow I feel reassured in spite of the fact that a) I'm still not closing and b) I still don't know why not. I suppose that is what makes him good at his job.

I've been largely useless this weekend - I went to Jan and Marg's to marvel that they have knocked out a window and door and subsequently framed them out, drywalled, taped and floated. In theory I was going to help, but I arrived towards the end and so just stood around as they (with the significant help of THall) finished up. I've also watched movies (Yes, "Run Fatboy Run!" Really is all of that and more) and read smutty romance novels, not currently having the mental fortitude to read actual books. Oh god that's sad.

The only event of note has been a sweat lodge hosted by a friend that turned out to be an incredibly heartwarming (pardon the pun) event with a great community of people coming together to actually work on themselves. It was refreshing to be around people who were so simply down-to-earth, and the lodge was similar in outcome to meditation - it left me with a sense of wellbeing, of calmness, of me-ness that was unexpected. Especially given that I still haven't effing closed. Apparently it did nothing to improve my foul-mouth.

No comments: